I have a load balancer setup with both haproxy and LVS-NAT.  The LVS-NAT
is giving us high availability for FTP.

When I tried migrating everything from CentOS 5, where it all works, to
Ubuntu 14 (for the newer kernel and because I find debian-based systems
far easier to use), everything worked except passive FTP.

Is there a viable solution for FTP through haproxy?  The machine has
public IP addresses on one side and private on the other, and is
configured with ip forwarding turned on, so the redundant pair acts as
the default gateway for the backend machines.  Everything is behind a
Cisco firewall, so I have disabled the ufw firewall that Ubuntu includes.

Alternatively, if someone can help me make passive FTP work through
LVS-NAT like it does on CentOS, I am fine with that.  I've asked for
help on that here:

http://askubuntu.com/questions/620853/lvs-nat-doesnt-work-with-passive-ftp-active-ftp-is-fine

Thanks,
Shawn