> so it is not possible to let haproxy answer backend packets to client ips?

I don't know what this question is supposed to mean, I don't get it.

You can use the source ip of your syslog clients to connect to your backend
by using plain old tproxy, this has been done for years and works fine.

I don't see why your setup would be any different of a normal tproxy setup?

> tproxy support isn't buildin in my kernel so I willl probably choose
> option2.

What's your OS/kernel? Unless your kernel is ancient, you probably do have
tproxy support.

Lukas