Hi RĂ©mi,

On Fri, May 22, 2015 at 09:11:39AM +0200, Remi Gacogne wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On 05/22/2015 07:32 AM, Willy Tarreau wrote:
>
> > That makes me think about something, as you advocated a long time ago
> > for increasing the dh-param default size. Do you think we should take
> > the opportunity of 1.6 to increase the default size ? It will use more
> > CPUs for people who migrate from 1.5 only, and such people are expected
> > to run tests during the migration anyway so they should not be surprized.
>
> I think that would be great! We could alter the warning so that people
> not explicitly setting the value in the configuration are aware that it
> is now set to 2048.

Yes as well.

> >> If you cannot increase the DH key size above 1024-bit, please at least
> >> generate a custom DH group with the "openssl dhparam 2048" command, and
> >> add the result of this command to your certificate file.
> >
> > Does that improve the situation regarding the CPU usage ? I must confess
> > this is still very cryptic to me (no pun intended).
>
> Oh, I used the wrong group size on the openssl dhparam command, it
> should have been:
>
> openssl dhparam 1024
>
> Otherwise it makes no sense, sorry about that.

ah ?

> So yes, using a custom
> 1024-bit DH group instead of the default Oakley group 2 makes it a lot
> harder to do pre-computation while having no impact on the CPU usage.

I think you have to realize that I don't understand anything at all
here, I have no idea with an "Oakley group 2" is. I'm just a regular
user when it comes to SSL. Is it the thing that is assigned by default
when using "default-dh-param" ?

In this case, does it mean that generating a random dh-param at boot
would solve the issue ?

Thanks!