> Hi Lukas, my mtu is set to 1500 and the message looks truncated.
> I am able to ping the server using that mtu
>
> root@lbha01:~# ping -s 1500 syslog

"-s 1472 -M do" is what you would use for this test. Instead, you are sending
ICMP requests at 1528 Bytes MTU without DF bit, so it will get fragmented.
Anyway, its unlikely that this is the problem.

> this is my dump (tcpdump -X) (the message is truncated and I don't
> see other packets flowing).

Ok, can you confirm that haproxy has been reloaded/restartet after
adding the "len" keyword to your logging configuration?

> With the logger utility this line gets splitted into multiple packets

I'm not familiar with this utility. Can you elaborate whether this SENDS packets
to your syslog-ng or if it recieves logs from haproxy?

Iirc, a syslog message must fit into a single packet.

Regards,

Lukas