De : Willy Tarreau [w...@1wt.eu]
Date d'envoi : samedi 10 octobre 2015 08:12
À : Cédric Petter
Cc: haproxy@formilux.org
Objet : Re: FW: HAProxy

Hello Cédric,

On Tue, Oct 06, 2015 at 01:56:41PM +0000, Cédric Petter wrote:
> Bonjour
>
> First of all, if I need to explain in English, please tell me.

Yes the list is in english, but I understood your problem so I'll
put out a quick summary and will respond :-)

> Je suis bloqué avec HAProxy sur une VM.
> J'ai un serveur Debian 8.2 avec HAProxy 1.5.14.
> Et "derrière", j'ai 2 serveurs Windows avec IIS 8.5 & SharePoint 2013.
>
> Cela fonctionne bien en HTTP, mais pas en HTTPS.
> avec HTTPS j'ai soit des erreurs 503 & 504 en altérnance.
> Si quelqu'un à une idée ca serait cool.

In short Cedric faces an issue where he gets errors 503/504 on haproxy
when passing HTTPS requests to IIS but that's OK with HTTP.

Cedric, the problem is that you are connecting to port 443 in clear
because you didnt specify "ssl" on the server lines :

   backend www-backend-https
         server www-1 192.168.1.2:443 check
         server www-2 192.168.1.3:443 check

Just add "ssl" at the end of the line and it will work better. You'll
get a warning upon startup that you need to add "ssl-verify-none" or
to put a CA file. If haproxy and the servers are on the same local
network and you consider this network to be safe, you can easily add
that option.

Additionnally, maybe you don't even need to pass again via port 443
and you can pass everything to port 80 ? That can make a simpler
config and avoid to re-encrypt+decrypt.

Last, since you're on haproxy 1.5, if you're observing important
CPU usage when using SSL, you can enable HTTP keep-alive to the
servers by removing this line :

       option http-server-close

It will use more memory by maintaining more connections though.