> We use HAProxy as our loadbalancer in our private cloud at Symantec. We
> spin these HAProxy processes in a separate network namespaces. We had a
> bug in our HAProxy config population script which was adding wrong mode
> in frontend and backbend sections for SSL termination. The right mode
> should have been HTTP but we are adding TCP as the mode in the HAProxy
> config files. We didn’t discover this bug till last few weeks when we
> started seeing kernel panics on our hypervisors. For reference, we are
> using Ubuntu trusty 14.04 with kernel 3.13-0.52.
>
> We are not 100% sure if this was the root-cause but fixing the mode
> stopped the kernel panics we were noticing.
>
> Can somebody help us get more understanding as to what are the
> implications of adding wrong mode in config file and why this could
> cause a kernel panic if at all.

There is no reason whatsoever that this should have caused a kernel
panic. zero. nada. None at all.

In fact, its very likely unrelated, and the trigger for your kernel panic
is probably just (coincidentally) gone as well.

I suggest you troubleshoot kernel panics with upstream ubuntu support.

Whats the calltrace anyway?

Lukas