Sorry I'm a bit late to this party but when running in a container it's
also easy to configure haproxy to log to a unix socket and bind mount that
socket to the host.

in haproxy.cnf

log /dev/log local2

Then when launching the container an option like "-v /var/log:/var/log"
works quite well to get container syslogs to the host.

-Bryan