Hi Aleks,

Aleksandar Lazic wrote:
> My conclusion is that with or without " the ${...} is not substituted,
> at least in the bind line.

>From your output, it looks like you are using an older version of
HAProxy. The behavior of quoted strings in the config changed in HAProxy
1.6. It appears you are using an older version (e.g. 1.5) which does
indeed not support this syntax.

That said, even on HAProxy 1.5.14, I have been able to validate your
syntax (there without the quotes).

Please ensure you are using a resonably up-to-date version of HAProxy
(which you can verify with `haproxy -vv`) and that you actually set all
used environment variables with their respective values when starting
HAProxy.

The last one is crucial as HAProxy does not replace environment
variables in the config file if the environment variable is not actually
defined. From your original output, it appears you are not defining the
${ROUTER_SERVICE_HTTPS_PORT_BIND_OPTONS} variable in the environment
which thus results in the parse error.

Regards,
Holger