On Thu, Nov 10, 2016 at 04:30:57PM +0100, ge...@riseup.net wrote:
> (Please don't Cc: me, I'm subscribed to the list.)

I removed you from the To in this response, but just as a hint we
generally recommend to keep people CCed since most of us subscribed
to lists have filters to automatically place them in the right box,
and some people may participate without being subscribed. On most
lists, when people don't want to be automatically CCed on replies,
they simply set their Reply-To header to the list's address.

> Even if I'm not Simon, I'll say a word, hope thats okay, because I've
> dug out this old thread: It's fine for me if it will go into 1.7 or
> 1.8. I don't need this within the next two weeks, but looking forward to
> use it. If it will take another four, six or eight weeks, this is
> completely fine with me.

OK but just so that there's no misunderstanding, next release will be in
approx one year. However if the patch is merged early, it will very likely
apply well to the stable release meaning you can easily add it to your own
packages.

Cheers,