Hi. Just a quick message: I don't forget this bug, I'm just just very busy.

Thierry

Le 12 janvier 2017 10:54:42 AM "Robin H. Johnson" <robb...@orbis-terrarum.net> a écrit :

On Wed, Jan 11, 2017 at 12:17:26PM +0100, Willy Tarreau wrote:
On Mon, Jan 09, 2017 at 08:47:17PM +0000, Robin H. Johnson wrote:
> Maybe Willy would considering changing the name of the matches to 'prefix'
> & 'suffix' instead of 'beg' & 'end', and just keep beg/end as legacy.
Another approach would be to have simple rules when mapping a namespace
to another one. For example we could easily imagine that all "map_something"
in haproxy are mapped to their exact equivalent name in Lua (thus we would
have "map_end" instead of "map.end"), or that we could prefix all these
words by "_" which would give "map._end" which is not much different from
the haproxy keyword "map_end" and easy enough to remember.
This is actually why I thought of Map.match_str, with a potential idea
that at some point it MIGHT become a bitfield for additional behaviors
(eg the output types per
https://cbonte.github.io/haproxy-dconv/1.6/configuration.html#7.3.1-map).

The underscore is not sufficiently unique I think, but my knowledge of
Lua is nowhere near as extensive as I'd like.

--
Robin Hugh Johnson
E-Mail     : robb...@orbis-terrarum.net