Is there a way to do SSL termination at the load balancer, but then send
the original certificate to the backend server?  I have seen plenty of
notes and configs for SSL passthrough and SSL termination with
re-encryption by the load balancer certificate.

Even with passthrough, I still have to disable hostname verifier because
the backend server doesn't match the load balancer certificate.

I know there has to be a way to do this, I just can't find it in the
documentation or on the internet.

Thanks for the help and keep up the great work.

Thanks,
Paul