When doing tls->haproxy->tls (bridged https) re-encryption with SNI, we need to verify the backend certificate against the SNI value requested by the client.

Something like server options:

server app1 app1.example.ca:443 ssl no-sslv3 sni ssl_fc_sni verify required verifyhost ssl_fc_sni

However, the "verifyhost ssl_fc_sni" part doesn't work at current. Is there any chance I could get this support patched in?

Most folks seem to be either ignoring the backend server validation, setting verify none, or are stripping tls altogether leaving a pretty big security hole.

--

Kevin McArthur