Hi Sander,

On Sun, Oct 15, 2017 at 04:27:15PM +0200, Sander Klein wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I haven't been paying much attention to the list lately, but I am wondering
> what the current status of http/2 support is in 1.8-(dev|snapshot).
>
> Is it in a usable-but-needs testing state? Or more like
> stay-away-because-it-kills-kittens state?

The code I posted was not merged because it was experimental and I was
not satisfied with what the architecture would look like in the long
term. So I kept it handy "just in case" but didn't want to merge it.

Now after several failed attempts and with a lot of design sessions
with my coworkers, I've made a good progress on a totally different
approach which will later allow us to implement HTTP/2 on both sides,
as well as implement support for QUIC. I have not merged anything yet
because as I'm picking code from the first implementation, I regularly
encounter obstacles that I need to overcome and this leads to lots of
rebases to keep only bisectable code. The good point is that the code
that finally settles there is much better and contains much less hacks.

If anyone is interested, I can publish a work-in-progress branch once
in a while, but for now the code in this branch only supports establishing
a connection and exchanging PING frames, so that's totally useless, which
is why I've not considered publishing it for now :-/

If everything goes well, the final rebased and cleaned up code should
be available for a release candidate by the end of the month.

Stay tuned!