William,

Am 14.11.2017 um 15:03 schrieb William Lallemand:
> Well, in my opinion the return value does not need to be checked because we
> should never reach the code after the exec, that means that the code after the
> exec is only reached during an exec error. But we could at least display the
> error code of exec and return afterwards.

Displaying the error code basically would imply "checking the return
value" for me.
I did not mean to say that some recovery should be performed if `exec`
fails. I am only saying that the error message should not be
misleadingly claim that we "Cannot allocate memory" when e.g. the
haproxy binary was deleted instead.

Personally I was confused whether I misconfigured the Docker container
with a broken memory limit, when the actual issue was the bug this patch
fixed. While *this* bug has been fixed `execvp` could possibly fail for
other reasons in the future.

> Willy, could you please apply this patch? thanks

Thanks!

Tim Düsterhus