On Wed, Dec 27, 2017 at 06:06:33PM +0000, Lucas Rolff wrote:
> Hi Willy,
>
> I ended up adding an actual backend to perform the test (reused my nginx
> instance I had already), so the connection between haproxy and nginx would be
> a matter of localhost traffic - and I was indeed able to reach about 18k
> req/s on a single core with keep-alive.

It's not keep-alive, it's keep-alive between ab and haproxy but it's close
behind due to "option http-server-close". By removing this option you'll
have keep-alive.

> I can see that reply didn't reach the mailing list however, since I failed to
> see that the mailing list doesn't do an automatic "reply-to:
> haproxy@formilux.org" so have to manually add it,

Ah ? But it's the sender, so you shouldn't have to add it yourself, normally
you should simply perform a group reply and it's OK.

> so it's all solved, and I'm
> happy with the results - on this specific server I was testing from, I did
> reach about 65k req/s on relatively cheap hardware, so even if I want to
> scale to 100k+ req/s it should be no problem from what I can see ( I know
> there will be a slightly bigger overhead when doing a lot of clients also
> because of networking involving more than a single client).

OK that's great.

> So thanks a lot!

You're welcome!