On Thu, May 24, 2018 at 11:20:13PM +0200, Janusz Dziemidowicz wrote:
> >> This kinda seems like the socket was closed on the writing side, but
> >> the client has already sent something and everything is stuck. I was
> >> not able to reproduce the problem by myself. Any ideas how to debug
> >> this further?
> >
> > For now not much comes to my mind. I'd be interested in seeing the
> > output of "show fd" issued on the stats socket of such a process (it
> > can be large, be careful).
>
> Will do tomorrow. Forgot to mention, apart from this issue everything
> seems to work fine. No user reports any problem. Obviously it consumes
> more and more memory. So I can enable h2 for an hour or two to avoid
> problems.

Great, thank you.

> I've seen this issue also in 1.8.8, which was the first version I've
> used after 1.7.x.

That's pretty useful. I'm realizing that haproxy.org isn't totally
up to date (1.8.5+) so I'll upgrade it to see. If it starts to fail
it will indicate a regression between 1.8.5 and 1.8.8 (quite some
h2 fixes).

> My actual config is a bit more complicated (multiple
> processes per socket, some stats, etc.), but I've been stripping it
> down and down and what I've attached is still producing this issue for
> me.

OK that's a good job, thanks for doing this.

> Anyway, I'll do another round of experiments (without tfo) tomorrow.

Much appreciated, thank you.