HI Michael

We often see the client/server timeouts requiring to be raised as you
have found,

A good default value for client/server timeouts are below and I include the
connect timeout too in milliseconds

timeout connect 4000
timeout client 42000
timeout server 43000

Say for example you run a long report on a website, maybe it will take
5 or 10 min's to
complete so you would raise the server timeout to match the required
maximum timeout where possible
allowing for the report to run and the server, not timeout.

I hope this helps

Andruw Smalley

Loadbalancer.org Ltd.

www.loadbalancer.org
+1 888 867 9504 / +44 (0)330 380 1064
asmal...@loadbalancer.org

Leave a Review | Deployment Guides | Blog