Hi Baptiste, thanks for the response.

On Wed, Jun 6, 2018 at 6:32 PM Baptiste <bed...@gmail.com> wrote:

> This should not happen and it's a known issue that we're working on.

Excellent, figured you guys were probably already aware of it. Let me know
if I can assist in testing.

> Actually, I tested many DNS server and some of them simply did not send
> the additional records when they could not fit in the response (too small
> payload for the number of SRV records).
> Technically, we could try to use additional records if available and then
> failover to current way of working if none found.

True, not a lot do and I don't have a lot of hosts. I assumed it already
parsed them based on reading
https://www.haproxy.com/documentation/aloha/9-5/traffic-management/lb-layer7/dns-srv-records/
and
took that into account when writing my DNS service.

I'm a little swamped with other work at the moment, but when I get a chance
I would be able to provide a DNS server (written in Go) that returns
additional records to test with if that helps.

>> I'm happy with the workaround I'll be pursing for now where my SD service
>> (that originally was going to be a resolver and populate via SRV records)
>> is going to write all the backend definitions to disk so this is not a
>> pressing issue, just thought I'd share the limitations I discovered. My
>> knowledge of C (and the internal workings of HAproxy) is not great
>> otherwise this would probably be a patch submission for #1 :)
>>
>> Tait
>>

> I'll check that for you. (In the mean time, please keep on answering to
> Aleksandar emails, the more info I'll have, the best).
>
> Baptiste

Thanks again, I don't have a lot of time to do any testing right now but
hope to soon.