Hello,

On Fri, 22 Jun 2018 at 20:45, PGNet Dev <pgnet....@gmail.com> wrote:
> with 'your' advised "actual paths", and from Makefile
>
>         # OpenSSL is packaged in various forms and with various dependencies.
>         # In general -lssl is enough, but on some platforms, -lcrypto may be
> needed,
>         # reason why it's added by default. Some even need -lz, then you'll
> need to
>         # pass it in the "ADDLIB" variable if needed. If your SSL libraries
> are not
>         # in the usual path, use SSL_INC=/path/to/inc and
> SSL_LIB=/path/to/lib.
>
> build fails, referencing deprecated, pre openssl 1.1.0 symbols,

What I suggested was:

>         make V=1 \
>          TARGET=linux2628 \
>          USE_SYSTEMD=1 \
>          USE_OPENSSL=1 \
>           ADDLIB=" -I/usr/local/openssl11/include" \
>           ADDLIB=" -L/usr/local/openssl11/lib64
> -Wl,-rpath,/usr/local/openssl11/lib64" \
>           ADDLIB="-ldl"

Anyway please stop including PCRE while troubleshooting this build
issue. It only complicates things. You can include it again when you
fixed the openssl build issue.

I suggest:
- don't build with PCRE for now
- use the ADDLIB approach like suggest above
- retry the SSL_INC/SSL_LIB approach (but without PCRE at all)
- share the gcc lines of your original attempt (atleast one compile
line and the linking)
- share the openssl config line and installation commands
- share:
grep OPENSSL_VERSION_TEXT /usr/include/openssl/opensslv.h
grep OPENSSL_VERSION_TEXT /usr/local/include/openssl/opensslv.h
grep OPENSSL_VERSION_TEXT /usr/local/openssl11/include/openssl/opensslv.h

Also, if you just want to test a specific openssl version locally, you
may just compile it statically, as per README:
http://git.haproxy.org/?p=haproxy.git;a=blob;f=README;h=1b012cc5e9100c74c5143ff4d3b0625ca07f648f;hb=ba86c6c25bf252e44589ae2b4d51a67c4f47d244#l123

cheers,
lukas