On Tue, 17 Jul 2018 at 01:09, Thrawn <shell_layer-git...@yahoo.com.au> wrote:

> Ah, indeed, the GCC version provided on our server is 3.4.3. But the readme
> on https://github.com/haproxy/haproxy says "GCC between 2.95 and 4.8". Can
> the build be changed to continue supporting older GCC, or do the docs need an
> update?

Like I said earlier, "make clean" before compiling with different
parameters, like USE_THREAD=

Haproxy 1.8 is supposed to build fine with gcc 3 when disabling
threading, but if you just compiled with threads enabled, you do need
to "make clean":

> I think your gcc is just too old. Those appeared around gcc 4.1 or so.

With USE_THREAD= it is supposed to build fine. While threading will
not work with gcc 3, we did not drop support for gcc3 altogether.

cheers,
Lukas