> CC'ing Thierry: as this has come on this discourse, can we have your
> opinion about the FD's in LUA and howto best handle ulimit?

> Apologies for the duplicate mail.

> Thanks,
> Lukas

1. FD
I don't know your architecture too much. From user-side I just see no reasons
to keep FD that created in LUA.
For cases when I make redis-connection, open GEO-DB file or some socket to
send, there is no reason to keep such FDs for new instance.
It might be option or default policy to completely stop transferring LUA-FDs to
new master.

If it is difficult, probably there could be some ways to make ability for
checking and cleaning it manually with CLI.

2. Ulimit
It is impossible to know - how many FDs would be used by LUA even after fixing
infinite grow.
I use "ulimit-n 10000000". Of cause it looks like dirty thing but I can't
imagine the case when it can make real harm, while low limit can a lot.
If there is some harm, at least you may adjust current auto-calculated limit
with "+100","*2" or some similar modifier and it will cover many real cases.

---
Wert