Hi Marcin,

On 5/6/19 3:31 PM, Emeric Brun wrote:
> Hi Marcin,
>
> On 5/6/19 3:15 PM, Marcin Deranek wrote:
>> Hi Emeric,
>>
>> On 5/3/19 5:54 PM, Emeric Brun wrote:
>>> Hi Marcin,

>>> The patch in attachment.
>>
>> As I use HAProxy 1.8 I had to adjust the patch (see attachment for end
>> result). Unfortunately after applying the patch there is no change in
>> behavior: we still leak /dev/usdm_drv descriptors and have "stuck" HAProxy
>> instances after reload..
>> Regards,
>

> Ok, the patch adds a ENGINE_finish() call before the reload. I was supposing
> that the ENGINE_finish would perform the close of the fd because on the
> application side there is no different way to interact with the engine.
>
> Unfortunately, this is not the case. So I will ask to the intel guys what we
> supposed to do to close this fd.

I've just written to my contact at intel.

Just for note: I'm using hardware supported with QAT 1.5 in this version tu
usdm_drv was not present and I use the other option qat_contig_mem which seems
to not cause such fd leak.

Perhaps to switch to this one would be a work-around if you want to continue to
perform test waiting for intel's guy reply.

R,
Emeric