Hi Emeric,

On 5/7/19 11:44 AM, Emeric Brun wrote:
Hi Marcin,>>>>>> As I use HAProxy 1.8 I had to adjust the patch (see attachment for end
result). Unfortunately after applying the patch there is no change in behavior: we still leak /dev/usdm_drv
descriptors and have "stuck" HAProxy instances after reload..
Regards,

Could you perform a test recompiling the usdm_drv and the engine with this
patch, it applies on QAT 1.7 but I've no hardware to test this version here.

It should fix the fd leak.

It did fix fd leak:

# ls -al /proc/2565/fd|fgrep dev
lr-x------ 1 root root 64 May  7 13:15 0 -> /dev/null
lrwx------ 1 root root 64 May  7 13:15 7 -> /dev/usdm_drv

# systemctl reload haproxy.service
lrwx------ 1 root root 64 May  7 13:15 8 -> /dev/usdm_drv

# systemctl reload haproxy.service
# ls -al /proc/2565/fd|fgrep dev
lr-x------ 1 root root 64 May  7 13:15 0 -> /dev/null
lrwx------ 1 root root 64 May  7 13:15 9 -> /dev/usdm_drv

But there are still stuck processes :-( This is with both patches included: for QAT and HAProxy.
Regards,

Marcin Deranek