Hey Willy,

thanks so much!

Best regards
Luca

On 13.09.19, 04:48, "Willy Tarreau" <w...@1wt.eu> wrote:

    Hi Luca,

    On Wed, Sep 11, 2019 at 10:31:27AM +0000, Schimweg, Luca wrote:
    > Hey Tim,
    >
    > Thanks, I missed the empty line. Fixed it
    > Yeah, the email is correct. There is no github.com account associated with
    > this email, so I'll use my private email to commit, which has a github.com
    > account.

    I've now merged your patch but I have applied a few minor adaptations:
      - there were space warnings in "git am" due to trailing spaces at the
        end of a few lines (these ones appear in red when doing "git diff"
        when you enable color mode, so that you can easily spot them)

      - I noticed an indentation issue in smp_fetch_uuid() which used 4
        spaces everywhere while smp_check_uuid() was fine.

      - I got a warning related to %llx being used while the argument was
        uint64_t (I know, both are the same but gcc likely assumes that there
        are some platforms where it's not the case). Thus I added a long long
        explicit cast and took this opportunity to add "ll" at the end of the
        mask, for 32-bit platforms.

      - I replaced the check (args[0].data.sint == 0) in smp_fetch_uuid()
        with !args[0].type to validate there is no arg which is more
        accurate.

    I've seen your comment about smp_check_uuid() not being called when
    there is no argument. I tested and that's indeed the case. I don't
    remember if this was the intended behavior or not, that's something
    we should recheck to make sure either no sample fetch relies on this
    or if it's a bug (and probably we should ensure it's always called,
    and document it as such).

    I was also thinking that the random generation could be centralized
    as a generic function to produce random bytes. I'll possibly have a
    look at this some time later.

    Thanks,