Willy,

Am 09.01.20 um 04:07 schrieb Willy Tarreau:
> I'm personally not opposed to this at all, however after reading the link
> above and given that Lua's concept of "path" is all but obvious as described
> in the link above, we definitely need a bit more text in the doc to quickly
> explain that the path is rather a pattern and that the question mark is
> replaced by the file in "require", and probably put a short example. Having
> the link for more details is fine but not as a redirect to figure how to
> use the config keyword.

I concede that the HAProxy documentation should mention `package.path`
to be clear what kind of path it refers to. But I disagree that we
should explain how this works in detail, because this is not about any
HAProxy specific stuff, but about the "inner workings" of Lua and thus
it's best explained by the Lua documentation. We would only be able to
"re-explain" the existing documentation, but probably worse, because we
miss out on important details.

Best regards
Tim Düsterhus