Hi,

I posted this on the discourse haproxy forum and was asked to post it
here for better visibility :

We recently switched to haproxy 2.2.2 and we encountered a problem
with the flexibility of ssl-load-extra-files.

The way we handle certs is as follows:
Public key name is : fqdn.pem
Private key name is : fqdn.key

Which resulted in No Private Key found in
'/etc/pki/tls/certs/fqdn.pem' or /etc/pki/tls/certs/fqdn.pem.key

I think it would be interesting if that directive was a little smarter
in the way it deals with file extensions and also tried to strip the
extension from the filename to see if the .key file exists with the
same name.

Not sure how that would affect performance for HaProxy startup, but
for the moment, we either need to completely revamp the way we deploy
certs, or create a symlink for the key file, to .pem.key in the same
directory if we want to use this feature.
SSL-LOAD-EXTRA-FILES is an excellent feature we’ve been waiting for as
it simplifies our cert deployment, but in its current form It’s not
really usable for us.

Thank you.
--

Marc-Antoine Leclercq