On Mon, Sep 21, 2020 at 11:23:06AM +0200, Marc Antoine Leclercq wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I posted this on the discourse haproxy forum and was asked to post it
> here for better visibility :
>
> We recently switched to haproxy 2.2.2 and we encountered a problem
> with the flexibility of ssl-load-extra-files.
>
> The way we handle certs is as follows:
> Public key name is : fqdn.pem
> Private key name is : fqdn.key
>
> Which resulted in No Private Key found in
> '/etc/pki/tls/certs/fqdn.pem' or /etc/pki/tls/certs/fqdn.pem.key
>
> I think it would be interesting if that directive was a little smarter
> in the way it deals with file extensions and also tried to strip the
> extension from the filename to see if the .key file exists with the
> same name.
>
> Not sure how that would affect performance for HaProxy startup, but
> for the moment, we either need to completely revamp the way we deploy
> certs, or create a symlink for the key file, to .pem.key in the same
> directory if we want to use this feature.
> SSL-LOAD-EXTRA-FILES is an excellent feature we’ve been waiting for as
> it simplifies our cert deployment, but in its current form It’s not
> really usable for us.
>
> Thank you.

Hello,

It was indeed reported multiple times that this feature is not convenient
in its current state.

Please take a look at this github issue and don't hesitate to comment:
https://github.com/haproxy/haproxy/issues/785

I'll update this soon since the subject evolved a little bit from the
development team point of view.

--
William Lallemand