Ilya,

Am 11.11.20 um 20:48 schrieb Илья Шипицин:
>>> (few things like 51 degree, prometheus, PCRE2 to be discussed later)
>>>

>> - Put 51d, Prometheus into the "all features" tests, that's what they
>> are for.
>>

> 51d has 2 different implementations: "pattern" and "trie".

I guess for 51d it is sufficient to test one of both. I expect any
necessary changes to affect both of them. We can't really test 51d
anyway, because it's just a compile test. Using one of them is "good
enough".

>> - PCRE 2 should get a dedicated pair of tests testing only regex similar
>> to slz + zlib that only test compression.
>>

> that's questionable.
> I think we might encounter more issues if we run slz or pcre2 together with
> other features.

I disagree here. The differences between slz / gzip and pcre / pcre2 are
pretty localized. They are not magically going to break SSL.

Thus I prefer to optimize the builds for easier understanding. If you
see that slz fails and gzip does not then it's immediately obvious. Any
more features enabled make it less obvious.

> but I do not think it is good to waste someone electricity

That's why I suggested to run the less important builds on a schedule.
Even then the GitHub action VMs are much quicker. The Ubuntu, clang,
gz=slz=1 build finishes in 1:58 minutes total with 42 seconds spent
installing build dependencies. With the amount of pushes HAProxy does
daily a $5/month VPS would probably be sufficient to run all the builds
we do and with GitHub Actions we can use our own VPS if necessary.

Best regards
Tim Düsterhus