Hi Tim,

On Sat, Jan 02, 2021 at 10:31:52PM +0100, Tim Duesterhus wrote:
> Willy,
>
> I've eyeballed the full diff to verify that this does not introduce any
> accidental logic changes. It looks good to me, but of course I might have
> missed anything.

I have compared the emitted code and it results in the exact same
instructions, so your changes are correct code-wise.

> The coccinelle patch can be found in the commit message. It's very simple, but
> on the other hand I'm lacking coccinelle experience. So it might be wrong in
> specific edge cases.

At first glance, the changes look good to me. I'm no coccinelle expert
either, I use it from time to time for such changes. While we often hope
being able to reuse the scripts, what matters is only to keep them for
future reference, as you did by appending it to the commit message.

Many thanks for going through that painful task, now merged!