> But if I do some configuration tweaks in "wp-config.php", like adding the
> following two lines :
> define('WP_HOME', 'https://front1.domain.local');
> define('WP_SITEURL', 'https://front1.domain.local');
>
> It seems to work correctly.
>
> It is not an acceptable solution however, as these WP instances will be
> managed by people who are not really tech-savvy.
>
> So I wonder if HAProxy could provide a setup with all the required
> modifications, rewritings, ... allowing both worlds to coexist in a
> transparent way :
> - usable WP site while browsing the "real" URLs from the backend
> - usable WP site while browsing through HAProxy.
>
> Right now WP is my concern, but I am sure this is a reusable "pattern" for
> future needs.
>
> Regards

This is a requirement for most apps behind a reverse proxy -- you simply
have to tell the app that it is behind a reverse proxy so it can set
correct links where needed.

In your case if you google for "wordpress behind reverse proxy" I'm sure
you'll get a ton of resources that can point you in the right direction for
your use case like using X-FORWARD headers for example or whatever suits
you.

--

Vote for us <https://www.research.net/r/bbapartners2021> as RegTech
Partner of the Year at the British Bank Awards!

Know Your Customer
due diligence on demand, powered by intelligent process automation

Blogs <https://www.encompasscorporation.com/blog/>  |  LinkedIn
<https://www.linkedin.com/company/encompass-corporation/>  |  Twitter
<https://twitter.com/EncompassCorp>

Encompass Corporation UK Ltd  |
Company No. SC493055  |  Address: Level 3, 33 Bothwell Street, Glasgow, UK,
G2 6NL

Encompass Corporation Pty Ltd  |  ACN 140 556 896  |  Address:
Level 10, 117 Clarence Street, Sydney, New South Wales, 2000

This email
and any attachments is intended only for the use of the individual or
entity named above and may contain confidential information.

If you are
not the intended recipient, any dissemination, distribution or copying of
this email is prohibited.

If received in error, please notify us
immediately by return email and destroy the original message.