On Fri, Jun 18, 2021 at 05:08:56PM +0200, Tim Düsterhus wrote:
> > So I had some thoughts about that discussion that started off-list. And
> > now I think that the right thing to do is to always drop the port part
> > of the authority when we have a scheme for which it's the default. I.e.
> > if the scheme is "http" we drop ":80", and if the scheme is "https" we
> > drop ":443". This will always be consistent with the standards, and by
> > doing it early (i.e. during conversion to HTX) we're certain to address
> > both the conversion of CONNECT to GET+Upgrade, and the hdr(host) match.
>
> Is this still on your radar? Should I file an issue for that?

Amaury started something in this direction but it was only in H2 and
I'd like that we explore the ability to do it the most generic way
possible so as not to have different behaviours depending on where
the requests enter and where they leave. I know it's tricky, which is
one more reason for exploring this possibility. At least regardless
of the final choice, we'll be certain not to have left unknown cases
incorrectly handled.

Thus no need to create a new issue for now, hopefully by next week
we'll all agree on a durable solution.

Thanks,