William

On 3/8/22 16:06, William Lallemand wrote:
Also, I'm wondering if we could also cache the build of HAProxy, you
could think that weird, but in fact it will help relaunch the tests when
one is failing, without rebuilding the whole thing.

Please don't. You always want to run a clean build, otherwise you're going to get super-hard-to-debug failures if some object file is accidentally taken from the cache instead of a clean build.

I've heard that redoing a single failed build instead of the full matrix is already on GitHub's roadmap, so the problem will solve itself.

Let me know if we can improve the attached patch, otherwise I'll merge
it.

I don't like it. As you say: It's ugly and introduces complexity for a mere 8 second gain. Sure, we should avoid burning the planet by wasting CPU cycles in CI, but there's a point we're the additional complexity results in a maintenance nightmare.

Best regards
Tim Düsterhus