On 12/15/22 00:58, Amaury Denoyelle wrote:
I seem to be able to reach your website with H3 currently. Did you
revert to an older version ? Regarding this commit, it rejects requests
with invalid headers (with uppercase or non-HTTP tokens in the field
name). Have you tried with several browsers and with command-line
clients ?

Yes, once I found the problem commit, I reverted to the commit just prior, which is why you saw it working.

Had to use --3way to apply the patch from your other message to apply to the 2.8-dev master branch. Got that built and deployed. H3 works. Looking forward to the fix coming to 2.7.

I did try with firefox, chrome, and a special version of curl.

The version of curl with http3 support is not available in any of the distro repos for my Ubuntu machines, so I found a docker image with it. That works in cases where a browser won't switch, but that's because it never tries TCP, it goes straight to UDP. The problem doesn't break H3, it just breaks a browser's ability to transition from TCP to UDP.

With the commit just prior to the one that broke H3 in a browser, H3 is a lot more stable than it has been in the past. Before, by clicking around between folders in my webmail, I could eventually (after maybe a dozen clicks) reach a point where the website becomes unresponsive until I shift-reload to get it back to H2 and then reload to have it switch to H3 again. That did not happen with the newer commit. Building with your patch also handles webmail flawlessly.

Looks like you meant that I was supposed to apply the patch to the 2.7 master branch, not 2.8-dev. It applied there without --3way, and that also fixes the problem.

Just got a look at the patch.  One line code fixes are awesome.

Thanks,
Shawn