On 12/15/22 02:19, Willy Tarreau wrote:
I guess you'll get them only while the previous version remains maintained
(i.e. use a package from the previous LTS distro). But regardless you'll
also need to use executables linked with that version and that's where it
can become a pain.

When I upgraded my main server from Ubuntu 20 to Ubuntu 22, it still had openssl 1.1.x installed as an unmanaged package not part of any repo. Little by little I got my third-party APT repos updated to jammy. The last holdout was Gitlab, and I got that resolved just a few days ago. Then I was able to remove the 1.1 package.

I'm sure the performance issue has been brought to the attention of the OpenSSL project ... what did they have to say about the likelihood and timeline for providing a fix? Is there an article or bug filed I can read for more information?

Thanks,
Shawn