Harbour binary distrubution already include mingw , so is ready to use
 http://sourceforge.net/projects/harbour-project/files/
you can found installed mingw on C:\hb20\comp\mingw

If you have downloaded harbour source (using svn tool) you can read
install.doc FOR help recompiling harbour
qt 4.6 (official unsupported by harbour) require special version on
mingw Dwarf-2
Harbour support follow mingw c compiler (if you recompile from source)
      MinGW [win, *nix, free, open-soource]
         http://www.tdragon.net/recentgcc/ (unofficial, recommended)
         http://www.mingw.org/ (official, rarely updated, MSYS home)
      MinGW x64 [win, *nix, free, open-source]
         http://mingw-w64.org/
         http://mingw-w64.sourceforge.net/
         http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/
         http://www.cadforte.com/
      MinGW CEGCC [win, *nix, free, open-source]
         http://cegcc.sourceforge.net/

I dont' know binary incompatibles of cgg

2010/2/4 smu johnson <smujohn...@gmail.com>:
> Hi guys,
>
> I won't ask "how do I compile Harbour", as I can figure it out myself.
> However, I know that Harbour's HB20\bin folder has gcc.exe in there.  And I
> also remember Harbour having problems if you compiled Harbour .PRG -> .c
> code if you used a different version of GCC... so I'm wondering... if I want
> to compile harbour, should I download a standard release of MingW (for
> Windows)?
>
> Thank you
>
> --
> smu johnson <smujohn...@gmail.com>