On Friday 25 January 2008 02:07:16 am Phil Barnett wrote:
> On Thursday 24 January 2008 09:46:06 pm Przemyslaw Czerpak wrote:
> > I think so. And probably it should be called rc-1.
> > The open question is what to do with beta branch.
> > After Viktor's cleanup in devel code (mostly in
> > contrib) the diff file between branches has over
> > 10MB. I can sync it but probably it will be much
> > easier to remove old beta branch create new new
> > one from current devel.
>
> Agreed.

And, further to that point, it is important to understand what this means.

Release Candidate means we are freezing the code until the release of 1.0. No
new code. Period.

If you have new code, hang on to it. You've had a year to put it in during the
Beta cycle. Now, you wait.

The ONLY changes are bug fixes to existing code.

The cycle will be two weeks before the next RC.

Let's get this done, folks!