Przemek

>Windows programmer have to carefully read MS documentation
>and avoid any constructions which can create dead locks or race conditions.

You are right on this issue. Now I understand your whole view point.

What I could conclude from you analysis is that we need to devise some
mechanism to post an event for relevant GT with some data ( as per the
nature of event )
which is taken care by the window procedure itself. I think this will solve
the whole issue.
>From PRG code I should be able to post a simple message as

hb_gtInfoEx( pGT, HB_GTI_QUOUE, xSomeData )

and hb_gtInfoEx() unlocks and locks GT as you described.
Window procedure retrieves it first-cum-first-server basis and executes
the command. Thread issueing this command is only responsible
for placing it in the quoue of pGT structure, or even better local GT
structure.
If this scenario is appropriate, then next question is, when will the Window
procedure
looks into this quoue, to me it could be WM_IDLE.

But above off course is useful where no information is requested, only
action is defined to be executed.

For any information request we can use hb_mutexSubscribe()/Notify()
mechanism. But again it will be an issue at what point of thread execution
mutex request is detected and served back. In fact for both opearions,
1) execution an action 2) request of info can be carried in above fashion.

Recently I read an article on inter-thread communication but have lost track
where it is. For sure inter-thread communication is better over mutex
approach.
But how it can be achieved, I do not know.

Regards
Pritpal Bedi