hbmk2 will never replace thinking from the side of
app programmers.

Yes you are right
but think that we haven't jet good info so maj be a problem for a new
user find right information

It can't even replace documentation ;)

harbour user read in prg and not found right information about lib

similar problem if my source include
#include "minigui.ch"
#include "fivewin.ch"

This would require knowledge of internal details of 3rd
party and contrib libs inside hbmk2, which is not good
solution (f.e. who will maintain it? I certainly won't.
It's BTW impossible if we consider all 3rd party versions
and differences between version, etcetc).

Instead we could introduce some sort of "USING" or
"IMPORT" keyword (f.e. as #pragma) plus a compiler
parser (like the one for #include) to extract this
information, so that hbmk2 can automatically add
thos refereed *.hbc files* from .prg source code.
.hbc files can in turn pull in all required libs and
headers dirs.

It's important to deal with .hbc only, and not libs,
inc paths and whatnot directly.

If we have the infrastructure, it seems relatively
easy to add it to hbmk2.

[ Note, I don't we should use REQUEST for this purpose,
since it works differently. ]

This can be a solution also for prev problem
sufficent add in source right pragma directive
then is possible compile without know name of library
also compiling a source found in internet maj be easy done
i can do modification in existing source of tests adding your directive

in xbase++ is present a  preprocessor directive
 #pragma library ("mylib.lib")
i not sure that is same but same body will  post xbase++ documentation

Yes, something like this, but instead of direct
lib names, we should try to use .hbc files, which
is much more flexible. Also, above works probably
on the linker/object level, while my proposed
solution works only in source files and in conjunction
with hbmk2. Pbly not generic enough though, so
we may want to use something like:

#pragma option:hbmk2 mylib.hbc

This could be extracted with harbour -sm with output below:
{option:hbmk2}mylib.hbc

This would allow passing any options to any tools.

Brgds,