Hi Przemek
Because typically it start coping a sample that contain it
if harbour user get a sample contain:
 #pragma option:hbmk2 mylib.hbc
  request MYLIB
it will be easy to compile and if it get another sample that include
 #pragma option:hbmk2 hbmemio.hbc
REQUEST HB_MEMIO
Follow is a typical sequence
in the first step compile as sample but in second step lost right way
note that in second steep the info HB_MEMIO not help discover hbmemio.lib

xbase++ for same final result  use
#pragma library("xppui3.lib")
as you read in ainet sample
http://news.alaska-software.com/readmessage?id=%3c1xwdedeqtb373$.1kbal6arq2jed....@40tude.net%3e&group=public.soapbox

Best regard
2009/10/27 Przemysław Czerpak <dru...@acn.waw.pl>:
> On Tue, 27 Oct 2009, Szak�ts Viktor wrote:
>
> I know this. But I'm interesting how it can help newbie users in
> their own code. They still have to add valid library name so why
> it's better then using REQUEST and -l<libname> hbmk2 switch.
> Maybe I'm missing sth but it's a feature which can work only with
> source code so it's not even an option for binary libraries. For
> me it may help only in compilation of some example files from Harbour
> SVN if they do not have their own .hbp files and does not contain any
> information about compile/link commands in their headers.
>
> best regards,
> Przemek

Massimo Belgrano