Thanks Chen.

So to sum up technical problems, the only one which I believe is reasoned
is the speed of our sf.net forum compared to others.

I think that slow performance alone isn't a reason to chose other forums,
unless there is someone who's willing to maintain a similar one with similar

features but better performance. We have no such offer ATM.

Aside from technical aspects (and that's what I really meant as a base
for discussion), the main point is active community with answers (as
Chen rightly said), which means volunteer participants.

Our forum has ~50 registered users, hmgforum has about ~100. The message
count is much higher, but the size of the community isn't so big.

Just thoughts. For sure if nobody is willing to pass the knowledge he got
for free here, we will have a hard time building any sort of active Harbour
support community, and that's something ALL users should be aware of.

I see many ppl. coming by and asking for free docs (prefereably in his
own language), free support, free this and free that, but what nobody seems
to realize is that free stuff comes only from contributions. It's not there
by
magic. In a healthy community which wants to stay afloat on the longer run,
it's actually required that everyone who TAKES also GIVES something.
Everyone should decide what is that he can give to the community, being
it 5 bucks, being it a little background research, support answers, patches,
writing docs or code, small or large it doesn't really matter, but until we
have ~10 ppl participating actively and a couple committing all the code,
chances
are very high that we're seeking impossible goal when trying to build f.e.
an active support forum. Simple reason is that ~10 ppl cannot do all these
tasks.

Please think about this, and try to find a way you can help, after all, you
got an excellent, stable, robust, feature-rich and industrial level product
*for
free*, which can help to even create profit (cash), save time (which is also

money). In such case it's not devil to ask to return some of these benefits
to the product itself to keep it alive and well on the long run. I'm sure
it's
everyone's interest to not let the project just vanish.

Brgds,
Viktor