On Thu, 03 Dec 2009, Szak�ts Viktor wrote:

Hi,

> The name of the switch is misleading. See:
> ---
>                                 -LINKING-
> /LD Create .DLL                         /LDd Create .DLL debug library
> /LN Create a .netmodule                 /F<num> set stack size
> /link [linker options and libraries]    /MD link with MSVCRT.LIB
> /MT link with LIBCMT.LIB                /MDd link with MSVCRTD.LIB debug lib
> /MTd link with LIBCMTD.LIB debug lib
> ---
> It controls whether to link with static (LIBCMT) or dynamic
> (MSVCRT) CRTL. Default being static, at least with MSVC 2008.

After reading above description it's still not clear for me.
I believe that you are right and LIBCMT.LIB provides exactly
the same function set as as MSVCRT.LIB so they are mutual
exclusive and there is no alternative LIBC*.LIB library in MSVC
for which this switch was designed /MT[d] switch could be used
but I would like you will confirm it if it's not a problem.