>> Sorry for the rant.
>
> I have the same conclusion. That’s why I decided to use the Qt 4.6 mingw
> development environment. They are moving fast and my impression was that we
> are behind them at some steps, but maybe I am wrong.

QT having his own special MinGW release doesn't seem like an
extremely good direction.

I've checked the QT Creator MinGW build, and it's a standard
MinGW 4.4.0 release with a few extra packages, like gdb (plus
local patch), plus some extra win headers and patch... and
a slightly older binutil and w32api pkgs, by and large.

Practically it's almost the same, but easier to install
(although it also installs MSVC redist pkg without asking
and copies its installer to drive root without removing
it at the end of installation), so fortunately it's not _so_
bad I first thought based on latest QT moves. Still I
hope they'll submit patches to std MinGW rather than
maintaining a fork.

I hope tdragon team will release a proper DWARF build,
so it will be possible to have QT compatible MinGW in a
usable way. Until then QT 4.6 users have no easy way,
we've been there already 2-3-4 years ago...

Brgds,