On Tue, 15 Dec 2009, Bisz István wrote:

Hi,

> >We already have part of this enabled in fm.c, but only
> >when building core in C++ mode, and if FMSTAT is enabled.
> I tried to activate this part with:
>       @set HB_BUILD_MODE=cpp
>       @set HB_USER_CFLAGS=-DHB_FM_STATISTICS
>       in hbqt.hbc:
>       from:
>       {allgcc}libs=supc++
>       to:
>       {allgcc}libs=hbvm supc++ (maybe there are more sophisticated
> approaches to eliminate the double defined new/delete build errors )
> But hbide and demoqt crashes on exit, see below...

Are you using single thread HVM intentionally?

> >Maybe we should create a small contrib lib with just
> >that, so that it could be used by any C++ contribs we
> >may happen to have in the future (plus hbqt of course).
> OK, it is useful I think, but will generate other problems as we can see.

As long as USE_DL_PREFIX is not defined then DLMALLOC is not disabled
on HVM exit so we should not have any problems on exit in valid code.

> I just proposed a similar handling of the fm.c mingw build with the MSC
> build.
> More exactly to insert in the subsequent logic the #define USE_DL_PREFIX for
> MinGW. I haven't enough knowledge of the HVM internals to do it, sorry.
> #  elif defined( _MSC_VER )
> #     if !defined( USE_DL_PREFIX ) && !defined( HB_FM_DLMT_ALLOC )
> #        define USE_DL_PREFIX
> #     endif
> #     if defined( HB_OS_WIN_CE )
> #        define LACKS_FCNTL_H
> #     endif
> This part generates the different MSC and MinGW default builds behavior, as
> I understood correctly.

This part has effect only for single thread HVM. In MT DLMALLOC builds
HB_FM_DLMT_ALLOC is enabled by default so ONLY_MSPACES is defined as 1
what disable all code using USE_DL_PREFIX.
I can define USE_DL_PREFIX as default in ST builds but I'm afraid that
it will only hide some problems in HBQT code instead of resolving them.