On Thu, 17 Dec 2009, Szak�ts Viktor wrote:

Hi,

> - If the binary release is up to me, I'll
>   leave out DJGPP build, since I don't possess a
>   dev environment for it anymore. watcom/dos build
>   can be included, but I'm not sure if it's
>   worth it.

I can create DJGPP and OpenWatcom Harbour binaries.
BTW Creating Harbour shared libraries in OW Dos builds does not
work due to some insufficient dependencies in DLL startup code so
OW tries to link both startup code (also for standalone binaries)
into harbour.dll. At least when I use OW in Linux. Does it work
for you on other platforms?. If not then I suggest to temporary
disable creating harbour.dll in dos/watcom.mk by simple modification
like:

   ifeq ($(HB_BUILD_DLL),yes)
      DY_RULE = $(create_dynlib)
   endef

Maybe we should also use the same method in DJGPP.
If someone adds support for -shared binaries in new DJGPP
versions then it will be enough to rebuild Harbour setting
HB_BUILD_DLL=yes. Such solution is also more flexible for
testing but if you prefer to fully comment DY_RULE then of
course it's also OK for me.

> - Should we include watcom/os2 and watcom/linux
>   in final win binary release? IMO the only
>   reason is for technological showcase, but
>   I doubt any win users would actually use these.
>   Leaving it out saves build time, package size
>   and upload/download time.

Maybe we should create separate MS-Windows package with only
OW binaries which will allow to create Harbour applications
for all platforms?