On Wed, 30 Dec 2009, Vitomir Cvitanovic wrote:

Hi,

> After Clean install of 2.0.0 release (win binaries) no keyboard
> and/or Display
> conversion is active :(

In current Harbour code all conversions use Unicode character
values and so far we do not use any fallback conversion tables.
It means that it's important to define correct Unicode tables
for each CP and for some more advanced translation add fallback
tables to chose the best approximations.
We have two CPs HR437 and SL437 which have national characters
instead of some ASCII ones:
   #define HB_CP_UPPER     "abc^]d\\efghijklmnopqrs[tu...@xy"
   #define HB_CP_LOWER     "abc~}d|efghijklmnopqrs{tuvwz`xy"

And here I have a question about real usage.
Does it mean that it's alternative notation so in Croatia and
Slovenia these ASCII glyphs ^...@~]|{` are "readable" for people
as national characters?
If yes then it's necessary to introduce translation fallback
tables to Harbour. It's very interesting feature (i.e. it allows
to translate Cyrillic strings to Latin string in phonetic notation)
but it's not available yet so it will have to wait for someone who
can implement it.
If not and for some historical reasons you used CPs where above ASCII
characters were replaced by your national characters then it means
that from the beginning in Harbour HR437 and SL437 were wrongly defined
because they do not use character glyphs from CP-437 so they were always
broken (also in beta3) though the problem were exploited in different
places i.e. in GTs using Unicode output. In such case the solution
is trivial. We only have to know correct unicode table used in that
encoding which at position ASC( "^" ) has value 0x01C ("Č"), at position
ASC( "~" ) -> 0x010D ("č"), ASC( "]" ) -> 0x0106 ("Ć"), ASC( "]" ) ->
0x0107 ("ć"), etc. For sure it's not CP437 and looking at src/codepahe/uc*.c
files I do not see any CP with such characters so it's necessary to
add it. Try to define such CP (it will be good to find if it already
has some "official" name) so we can add it to SVN and update HR437 and
SL437 to use it. Of course we will have to change their names.