On Wed, 06 Jan 2010, Mindaugas Kavaliauskas wrote:

Hi,

> Name of hb_znetInetInitialize() makes me think that this function
> should be implemented in hbznet.c. I think hb_inet*() is a better
> namespace if we can have more socket filters implemented using this
> API.

OK, I'll change it.

> PHB_ZNETSTREAM should be changed to void* in HB_SOCKET_STRUCT in
> general case, but let's leave it as it is now.

It is void* because hbinet.c does not set _HB_ZNET_INTERNAL_ macro.

> P.S. BTW, was this your Christmas gift? :)

No, not yet and I do not know when I'll find time to finish it :-(

> P.S.2. Some brainstorming... All this sounds like a case of a
> general solution of adding filters/hooks in IO: znet, netio. If we
> add some BlowFish encoding filter to sockets, we will soon need to
> add both Z-compression and BF. This requires to implement additional
> filter having both of features. Current architecture does not allow
> to stack one filter onto another.

These modification contains two things. One is support for ZLIB
compression in sockets and the second is option to register it
as filter in PRG level HB_INET*() sockets.
You are right that I haven't added mechanism for multiple filters
but it needs much deeper modifications to make it well and I do
not know if I want to fight with HB_INET*() code. Sooner or later
it will be replaced by new PRG INET API where I would like to
implement few things in different way.
Now I only want to add an option to current hb_znet*() functions
to enable blowfish encryption. Please also remember that encryption
has to be after compression because it's not possible to compress
well encrypted data. I hope I'll add it soon and then add support
for compression and encryption to NETIO code.