> >Easily possible. The errors you sent are
> >all reported in system headers and libcurl
> >headers. We can't fix those in Harbour.
>
> So is not due to case/otherwise flow for compilers in Harbour

No, seemingly it's incompatibility between libcurl
headers and OS/2 ow headers.

Maybe there exist some #defines for libcurl which
are not automatically activated, but can nevertheless
resolve the problem, the headers should be checked
to tell more.

watcom is notoriously badly supported in projects,
so it's a pain to maintain also in Harbour.

> >Ideally this problem should be reported to
> >libcurl developers.
>
> >Unfortunately there is no way to disable
> >dependency detection for platform/compiler
> >combinations (os2/watcom) in Harbour, so OS/2
> >users will have to make sure not to set
> >HB_WITH_CURL when building for watcom.
>
> You mean not to try build hbcurl ?

Yes. Detection is not fully automatic anyway,
so all that needs to be done is to not configure
it for this target.

> >>  - Describe list, done in readme* file
>
> >Lib dependencies are never documented in INSTALL,
> >instead, they are configured in appropriate .hbc files.
> >In INSTALL, we can document _package_ dependencies
> >and packages web links, but never actual lib filenames.
>
> I did it in readme_contrib.os2/readme.os2 and not in INSTALL, which is not
> proper place for this kind of info
> I did not it in *.h* files because syntax is unknown by me
> For example:
> {!mingw}libs=libcurl
> {mingw}libs=curldll
> seem to be mingw or not mingw, but maybe we need "not mingw and os2", I am
> not sure

Yes, each line should be guarded appropriately.

There are dozens of example for this in Harbour
SVN, plus probably the help can help and the
source is there with all supported filter
keywords as a last resort. Usually it's enough
to filter for compilers, compiler groups and
platforms. CPU archs in some rare cases.

> And I am not sure if my lib lists work fine in other OS/2 environments

That's the task to solve.

> As you are expert in *.h* files, you can make proper changes based on my lib
> lists for each contrib of readme_contrib.os2, included in previous message
>  [Harbour] Re: Harbour 2.0.0 contrib libs for OS/2-eCS
>  Tue Jan 12 22:55:19 EST 2010

That's exactly that I don't want to do.
It's guesswork since I can't test it.
Moreover Harbour won't scale to well if
I have to deal with every detail of every
existing platform. .hbc files are pretty
simple beasts, pls check them, and if you
have questions or patch proposal, I'll
try to help.

> >>  - Perhaps this code does not work on OS/2 - Qt
>
> >I can't comment on those. Only that the bool conversion
> >problem could probably be easily fixed (unless it's an
> >OS/2 compiler bug), for someone good in C++.
>
> And C or C++ are not for me  :-)
> >  - Are valid errors which must be fixed on Harbour
> >  - Other compiler switchs required
> >  - They are errors related to OS/2-Qt code and not Harbour
>
> Perhaps Pritpal or someone who know hbqt code can review these errors
> If they do not belong to hbqt, I can report them to os2-qt developers

Not much feedback so far, so in such case the
problem falls back to the hand of those who feel
the itch the most. If this is you in this case,
you can try to work it around locally and come
to the list if you've found something. It can
surely help the case.

Or, we can wait until someone fixes it.

Brgds,