Viktor Szakáts wrote:

>> So sth bound with this object was not released. Maybe some of its
>> components
>> needs explicit release call. I can only guess.
>
> This class deals with loading UI object descriptions from
> disk and creates them in memory by making one QT call. So
> it's almost unlikely that these objects are created using
> HBQT GC allocator functions, but rather raw C++ memory
> allocations calls.
>
> BTW, I see such calls in many QT related calls in SVN:
>       qObj:pPtr := 0
>       qObj:pPtr := NIL
>
> These can be optimized simply to:
>       qObj:pPtr := NIL

I used this method to release object instantly.
This approach I took was since begining. My be my experiments
at that point with Qt were showing that until I set the :pPtr to
some other value ( not NIL ) only then I could see object relaesed.
NIL was delaying them for some later time, may be due to GC nature.
So I continued with it.

I may be wrong, if yes, I will clean-up above code.
It is always a pain to free it in two calls.

-----
                 enjoy hbIDEing...
                    Pritpal Bedi
_a_student_of_software_analysis_&_design_