Hi,

BTW, I see such calls in many QT related calls in SVN:
      qObj:pPtr := 0
      qObj:pPtr := NIL

These can be optimized simply to:
      qObj:pPtr := NIL

I used this method to release object instantly.
This approach I took was since begining. My be my experiments
at that point with Qt were showing that until I set the :pPtr to some other value ( not NIL ) only then I could see object relaesed.
NIL was delaying them for some later time, may be due to GC nature.
So I continued with it.

For me it sounds like some hacks are implemented in HBQT to accept numeric values instead of pointers, thus leading numeric 0 value have different behaviour than NIL value.

If value of qObj:nPtr is GC pointer, both qObj:pPtr := 0 and qObj:pPtr := NIL will release it (no need to do it twice). Or we have a serious bug in GC, but I guess we do not have one. If you have a situation when double clear is required, please, try to isolate the error and reproduce it in a small self-contained sample.

Regards,
Mindaugas