> On Wed, Feb 24, 2010 at 9:14 PM, Viktor Szakáts <harbour...@syenar.hu> wrote:
>
>> Is this feasible?
>
> I don't know but please understand that without HB_PP_MULTILINE (
> exactly as it was ) Harbour for me is completely useless.
>
> Tomorrow I'll do a meeting with my developers to decide what to do.

For now I moved this on compiler level, which
makes it possible to use a standard build with
a simple compiler switch. IOW it makes your life
easier.

Now it causes only a minor overhead in PP code,
so technically it's not a big problem, but I'd still
like have a proper solution here, since storing
free form string inside the source code seems like
a valid problem, but the current solution is
just a pile of ad-hoc hacks, and this is IMO not
very good situation. (neither -kl nor #pragma).

BTW -kl (aka "PP multiline strings") has one ugly
bad side-effect, it will also include all indentation
spaces in compiled pcode, I know that storage and
memory is cheap, but it doesn't look very good.

The other bit which looks strange is that
#pragma __cstream needs to be closed with command
ENDTEXT, I'd expect something like #pragma __cstreamend
or similar.

Brgds,